The month of May is half over, but there are still numerous events and activities for you to enjoy in the North Shore suburbs of Chicago! As your Chicagoland real estate agents, we’ve put together a list of upcoming events for you to enjoy. Participating in these events is a great way to meet others who live in your community, especially if you just recently relocated to the area.
Mark these upcoming events down in your calendar and enjoy all that the North Shore suburbs of Chicago have to offer:
1. This Friday evening, May 15, head to Hubbard Woods Park in Winnetka for a free Movie in the Park! The movie will begin around 8:15 p.m. and the showing is “Big Hero 6,” a Disney-animated adaptation of the Marvel Comics series. It’s appropriate for all ages, so socialize with others in town and enjoy this free, family-friendly event.
2. Support local Evanston students in grades K-12 at the YEA! Day Festival at Raymond Park on May 16. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., you can view artwork and watch performances from students in a relaxing, beautiful outdoor setting. One thousand children will display visual art, and 400 children will perform. This is a great way to show your support and encouragement to local children and teens!
3. On May 23, join the Grand Opening of the new Splash Pad at Hidden Creek in Highland Park. From 10 a.m to noon, you can enjoy free admission to the AquaPark. A ribbon cutting will take place at 10:15 a.m. and free snow cones will be available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The first 100 attendees will receive special giveaways!
4. Begin your Memorial Day celebration on May 25 with a ceremony at Fountain Square in Evanston from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Evanston American Legion Post 42 will host a community reflection and ceremony to honor America’s fallen heroes.
5. You can also head to Winnetka on Memorial Day for the Village’s 88th annual Memorial Day observance. Beginning at 10 a.m., this will include a parade that kicks off from the corner of Glendale and Elm Streets, which then heads east to the Village Green. A ceremony will take place on the Green, or if it rains, at the auditorium at Skokie School.
6. The Glencoe Grand Prix and Block Party takes place May 30! Watch great cycling all day, including the popular kid races that begin at noon, and then enjoy a block party, which begins at 5 p.m. in the Village Court parking lot. It’ll include live music, several food trucks and beer. From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., there will also be a kids’ fun area with bouncy houses and face painting.